Friday, September 18, 2009

Sorrority Row Review



Any time a horror movie has hot girls, murder and senseless nudity it pretty much means its hitting every major point in horror movie awesomeness. Although I wasen't too happy with how this particular movie ended I enjoyed Sorority Row for 3 main reason (no not the 3 I listed in the first sentence)Those reasons being:
1) Original Murder Scenes-
The death scenes in Sorority Row were pretty original, some of them you will have seen in other movies but I felt that for and american made horror movie in a college atomsphere it has some great and very creative murdering. Also to touch on that the weapon the killer uses is not only something you expect but at the same time something you don't expect. Kudos to SR for that!!!
2) Plot Twists-
You always are wondering in the movie "who is the killer?" and at one point your expecting one person of being that killer and 3 plot changes later your totally in the dark as to who it is. Now I will say that when you do find out who the killer is you may be kind of disappointed.. well atleast I was but I will give it to them, They did leave me guessing on to who to blame for the murders.
3) Finally as lame as a reason this is - Openning to a sequel-
Yes this movie is left wide open for a sequel, and yes this one wasen't all it was cracked up to be but they can do some serious fucking awesome shit for a sequel.. that of course means they'd have to do it right.

Overall, some of the acting is fairly rough (thats to be expected from a star taken from Mtv's the Hills) but its still worth seeing. Although if your really trying to get a scare factor to your maximum this is not the movie for that, this is more of a fun "chickflick horror" take your girlfriend to see and if shes like mine.. then she'll be scared. I'm being generous when I give it this rating but 7 skulls for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment